(Photo: courtesy of Good Earth Tea Co.)
[I]t’s a busy world that’s only getting busier, taking small moments to chill are increasingly important. Today, National Relaxation Day, Good Earth Tea Co. is helping us all create a small moment of peace with a mindful tea break.
Here’s a how-to guide to re-center with tea:
- Start by opening a container of something special like Good Earth’s new artisanal Coconut Tulsi Melody loose leaf tea, which contains the long-revered herb tulsi, also known as Holy Basil.
- Inhale and embrace the full-bodied aroma of coconut dancing with lemon-balm and rose petals.
- Brew the tea—loose leaf is best, so you can get a deeper tactile experience—in a clear glass where you can watch the dancing of colors as the tea steeps.
- Savor the feel of the warm steam rising from the cup and on your hands as you grip the cup.
- Allow yourself to listen to your environment, letting outside noises fade into the distance from your little personal getaway.
- Cherish all of the delicious intricate fragrances being released from your cup – and then revel in the enchanting yet grounding taste of your tea. It’s not tea for two; it’s tea for you.
—Danny Litvin is the owner of Sadhana Yoga and Ayurveda in New Jersey.