Fresh Cup is a storytelling and education hub for the coffee and tea industries. We equip coffee and tea professionals with the skills, insights, and inspiration required to develop a more sustainable and prosperous industry for all.
We invite writers, thinkers, and leaders to write for Fresh Cup’s audience. Contributors are paid $200 per article, plus an additional rate for original photography.
If you would like to write for Fresh Cup on behalf of a brand, contact us here.
What we’re looking for
Fresh Cup is an industry publication with a particular focus on coffee retail: cafes, roasting, management, marketing, trends, and sustainability. We prioritize topics that are educational, insightful, and inspiring to professionals who want to be more successful in their roles.
We’re looking for writers who want to create articles of 700+ words along these lines:
- Opinionated expertise on what a more sustainable/ethical industry looks like
- Research-rich articles on coffee business trends and topics
- Practical guide-like content that helps professionals be more successful
- Deep-dive interviews that get into the weeds on how leaders are building businesses, teams, and cultures
We are not looking for articles that are pleasant-but-not-practical for readers, like generic Q&As, cafe features, or feel-good stories that don’t also explore tactical takeaways.
The Fresh Cup writing style
Industry-focused doesn’t mean boring or academic. We believe the best writing is clear, actionable, and thoughtfully structured. Fresh Cup’s content is defined by:
- Clear and useful takeaways for readers
- Specific and practical suggestions on how to overcome challenges or accomplish goals
- Research-backed points of view that take a stance
- Optimism that a balanced industry is possible through collaboration, education, and the sharing of knowledge and ideas
How to pitch Fresh Cup:
- Pitch a story, not a topic
- Note 2-3 main points you’d like to make
- Explain why it is important to Fresh Cup’s audience
- Include 2-3 examples of previous writing
For the best chance of publication, present a clear angle to the story, show us that you’ve researched it, tell us the sources and experts you’ll interview, and explain why you’re the person who should write it.
Send pitches to editor(at)freshcup.com.
*Please note: We do not accept pieces that have already been published.
We look forward to hearing from you 🙂